lecture: Designing Puppet Catalogs
Before puppet was used in large infrastructures manifests and modules were developed to simply work. But then infrastructure grew and several stakeholders needed to understand what's happening.
We will talk about roles & profiles in Puppet, how to use them and what they really are.
Roles & Profiles are a concept the puppet people added to their guidelines a while ago when infrastructures grew and manifests and modules got unmaintainable. This pattern allows to easily understand what is going to be deployed on what server and where to change things.
All in all puppet manifests and modules are code - and thus should be treated as code. This also includes design patterns and refactoring what you have. This is what will be covered.
- C115 (Workshop)
- Introduction to Taskwarrior
- C120 (Databases)
- Praktische Anwendung von Bereichstypen in PostgreSQL
- Saal 7
- Sichere Softwareentwicklung
- Saal 1
- Designing in the open: Mozilla Community Design
- Saal 5
- Karriereplanung für IT Fachleute
- Saal 4
- Team? Welches Team?
- Saal 6
- Komponenten für das WWW: Das Client-side Component Model (ccm)
- Saal 8
- How to build your own cloud while staying in business
- C119 (Python/clojure)
- Ist die OO Party vorbei?