lecture: The Youth Hostel
An odyssey in the margins of software and paper
I will discuss how it took me nearly 25 years to produce a 40-page book: the writing, typesetting and binding of my mock–mock-epic poem The Youth Hostel, and how this led to my hacking on LaTeX font support, taking over the maintainership of psutils, becoming a Debian Maintainer, and working for Google. On the way, I found that the opposites of Larry Wall's cardinal virtues of the programmer can also be virtuous.
See the attached abstract in the style of the book, which also gives more information on the talk.
- Saal 1
- State of the Union
- C120 (Databases)
- Cassandra - an introduction
- Saal 8
- gnuplot #2: Auswertung von Daten
- Saal 5
- Rechtliche und steuerliche Fallstricke im Umgang mit Kryptowährungen
- Saal 4
- Icinga2 automatisiert
- Saal 6
- Data Mining in astronomischen Surveydaten variabler Sterne mit Python
- C125 (Wordpress)
- C119 (Python/clojure)
- C116 (PHP)
- So you are not using an ORM yet?