Lecture: Ideas for the clever mercenary who'll never learn Lisp
We're all smart, but not everyone has time to invest in learning one of the Lisps. This talk offers you many concrete ways to incorporate little Lisp lessons into your daily work-life. Along the way, you may discover a simpler way of looking at computing.
* Be deadly with one scripting language, and one editor/IDE.
* Sculpt your program while it runs: incremental development.
* Program in pictures: data-directed programming.
* Build a strong domain language (without DSLs or macros).
* Work on simplicity.
* Program like a gamer.
* Empower your users with some of your power.
* Give users defaults; and a way for "power users" to decide tradeoffs for themselves.
* Let your tools operate on themselves.
* Piggyback on strong systems.
Start time: 11:15
Click here to let us know how you liked this event.